What is Vastu Shastra?
Vastu shastra is a traditional Hindu system of architecture which literally translates to science of architecture.These are texts found on the Indian subcontinent that describe principles of design, layout, measurements, ground preparation, space arrangement, and spatial geometry.Vastu Shastras incorporate traditional Hindu and in some cases Buddhist beliefs. The designs are intended to integrate architecture with nature, the relative functions of various parts of the structure, and ancient beliefs utilizing geometric patterns , symmetry, and directional alignments.
Vastu Shastra are the textual part of Vastu Vidya, the latter being the broader knowledge about architecture and design theories from ancient India. Vastu Vidya knowledge is a collection of ideas and concepts, with or without the support of layout diagrams, that are not rigid. Rather, these ideas and concepts are models for the organization of space and form within a building or collection of buildings, based on their functions in relation to each other, their usage and to the overall fabric of the Vastu. Ancient Vastu Shastra principles include those for the design of Mandir , and the principles for the design and layout of houses, towns, cities, gardens, roads, water works, shops and other public areas.
Vastu Signs to Look for in Flats and Apartments
In big cities due to the population explosion and lack of space, apartment and flat culture was incredibly increased. Compared to Independent house culture apartment or flat culture is different. To reach the current society requirements, more land is being used for housing purposes and most of the developers are coming up with high rise apartments and skyscrapers. The time-honored truth is that Apartments won’t follow the Vastu Shastra principles. Even if few apartments follow we can’t expect the 100 percent Vastu.
Following the Vastu Shastra principles for each and every Apartment/Flat construction is not so easy. Here are the few Vastu Shastra tips for flat owners to follow to lead happy, successful and peaceful life and surely it will bring prosperity to the residents.
- According to Vastu Shastra, the land where the apartment/flat constructed should be rectangle or square shaped without slope downwards. It should not in be irregular form like hexagonal or triangle shape.
- Monitor the open space, there should not be any ponds near South and West direction from the apartment. A river, well, lake or canal should be in the North or East direction only.
- A flat having North, East or North-west entrance brings happiness to residents as per Vastu Shastra. Avoid flats having South, West, South-west and south east direction as it brings bad luck to the owners.
- Open courtyard in the center is prudent.
- Vastu Shastra tells that a bore well, pumps and lawns should be in a North-east direction.
- Avoid the apartments having balconies in South and West direction.
- Kitchens sited in the South-east, North-west direction and on the terrace are good as per Vastu.
- Colors are the game changer in Vastu Shastra. Apartments or flats painted in red, black or sky blue color are advisable to avoid.
- The apartment facing the dead end of the road will brings bad and good luck for the residents.
- Flat/Apartment extended in North east direction is accepted and avoid other directions.
- Avoid choosing flats/apartments with cuts in South-east and North-east direction.
- Vastu Shastra tells that Pooja room should be sited in North, East direction.
- Bathrooms should be in East or In between East and North-east direction, as per Vastu.
- While cooking the facing should be in East direction.
- Apartments where the bedrooms located in the southern side is preferable, Bedroom in the southern and western side should be used by sons, South-west by parents and North-west by daughters.
- Bathroom or toilet door should not face dining hall or kitchen.
- As per Vastu Shastra Guidelines, stair case should not be in the North east corner as it causes trouble to the residents
- Watchman cabin should not be in the Northeast corner of the entire building.
- Heavy construction should be in the south or west direction of the land, as per Vastu Shastra Guidelines.
- Avoid having big trees in east and north of the land
- Total number of Windows and Doors should be even numbered like 2,4…
- All the doors in the flat should open inside
- Worshipers should avoid south facing
In an existing flat there will be many defects; many can be corrected by measures and remedies and few can’t be corrected, so follow the appropriate Vastu Shastra before construction.
Vinra properties has apartments for you to choose from. If Vastu is important to you, we can help you find an apartment that’s Vastu compliant